Brokers Loyalty Awards
The General Insurance, Life and Health Businesses hosted brokers to a dinner to recognise them for their hard work in 2016 as well to award them.
The dinner was all glitz and glam as excitement was in the air. Present during the dinner were the Group CEO Peter Mwangi, GMD General Insurance James Wambugu, GMD Health Business Isaac Nzyoka and GMD Life Business Jerim Otieno. The three participated in a panel discussion that shed light on the Company progress thus far as well as the strategic vision of the Group. The leadership team highlighted the focus areas of the strategy as follows:
- Maintaining our current growth to improve market share across all lines of business;
- Strengthening our key areas of the value chain in the core businesses;
- Rationalization of our operations to focus on the key profit generators and exiting from marginal businesses;
- Strengthening our balance sheet to ensure we are well capitalised to support our growth ambitions;
- Acceleration of the realisation of both revenue and cost synergies from the combination of the UAP and Old Mutual businesses; and
- Innovation for growth by introducing new products and distribution models.
The winning categories for the night were:
- Cash prizes
- Local trip to the Maasai Mara
- A trip to London – 5 days and 4 nights to a five star restaurant
The organizers also unveiled the 2018 parameters and awards. They left the brokers with an appetite for the grand prize of a fully paid trip to Europe – Barcelona or Madrid.