A. Definition of healthcare worker
The benefits of this programme will cover the following professions in Kenya:
- Doctor: duly registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
- Nurses: duly registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Clinical officers: duly registered by the Clinical Officers Council.
- Laboratory Technologist or Technician: duly registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board
- Public Health Officer or Public Health Technician: duly registered by the Kenya Public Health officers and Technicians council
In addition, healthcare workers must be working either:
- For the Ministry of Health or County Health Departments
- In a public or private health facility such as a hospital, clinic, or laboratory.
- In a research facility
B. Definition of benefit
The Hospitalization benefit the company will provide is described as follows.
- KES 1000 per day of hospitalization (not being quarantine or isolation mandated by the government) after a positive diagnosis, for a maximum of seven days.
- The claimant must have been hospitalized at a special facility for healthcare workers operated by the government that is, the Kenyatta National Hospital.
In addition, in the unfortunate event of the passing of a healthcare worker, the company is extending a last expense assistance benefit to the next of kin, of a lump sum of KES 50,000.
C. How to enroll:
You can register your details on mobile phone on WhatsApp number +254 110 945522. You will be asked to provide the following:
- National ID number
- Select your Profession
- Professional registration/license number
- The facility where you work
- Beneficiary’s name and phone number (for the last expense assistance benefit)
D. Use of your information
By enrolling with UAP-OLD MUTUAL,
- Authorise the company to contact the special facility for healthcare workers where you have been hospitalized in order to ascertain the claims information you submit and grant us access to your medical information for purposes of processing the benefit.
E. Duration of free benefit offer
This free benefit will be availed for three (3) months only, from 15th of May 2020 to 15th August 2020.
F. How to claim
A claimant must have enrolled before claims payment.
You can lodge your claim on mobile phone on WhatsApp number +254 110 945522 and submit documents for claim processing.
G. Claim documents required
The company will need the claimant to provide copies or photographic images the following documents:
- Hospitalization letter/Discharge summary indicating dates of admission and discharge.
- License number/professional registration number.
- Photo of staff card of employing health facility.
- Photo of ID card.
- Positive COVID-19 diagnosis report.
A day of hospitalization refers to a stay in hospital for at least 24 hours.
The beneficiary/claimant will provide the following documents:
- Full name, phone number and photo of their National ID card.
- Photo of the Healthcare worker’s National ID card as well as the staff ID card of the facility where they worked.
- Police or Hospital Notification Letter indicating details of death. The circumstances of the death must be related to the Healthcare worker’s duties, and not related to previous health or chronic conditions.
The information in these documents will be crosschecked against the details the healthcare worker submitted on enrolment.
Once a claim has been lodged on mobile phone on WhatsApp number +254 110 945522, the claimant will have a maximum of seven (7) days to provide the above documents to the Company.
H. Important Information
- The programme is not an insurance product but a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative of the UAP Old Mutual Group in partnership with AMREF
- No payment of premiums is required prior to payment of any benefit
- Payment of any benefit is at the sole discretion of the UAP Old Mutual Group and by providing your details to us you agree that this not a guarantee a benefit will be paid whether you have or have not met the criteria for claiming
- The programme is not lottery scheme and payment of benefits is purely on the basis of available monetary resources donated by the group and at the discretion of the UAP Old Mutual Group.
I. How can I increase my benefits?
- Please call us on 0711065050 for any queries, including if you want to purchase more life or health cover for yourself and your family.
J. Fraudulent claims
If any claim involves fraud, misrepresentation or false information, no pay-outs will be made