Terms and conditions
- The UAP Old Mutual digital Dream Enabler Progressive Web App is a service that allows clients to subscribe and/or purchase some of the group products online.
- The following terms and conditions govern your access and use of this website ("Site") and the content and services offered to you through this Site including the self service portal ("the Services") offered to you through this website ("Site").
Information collection and sharing
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
- Information you provide directly to us;
- Information we collect about your use of our Services; and
- Information we obtain from third-party sources.
Acceptance of terms
- In order to access any of the Services you will be required to accept these terms and conditions. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms by:
- Completing our online registration process and confirming that you have read and accepted these terms; or
- Viewing, accessing or using content on the Site which does not require registration
Registration and use of the Services
A number of our Services enable users to create accounts or profiles. In connection with these Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself to set up the account or profile. For example, you can submit certain information about yourself, such as your name and email address, when you create an Account.
In order to access or continue to use certain Services, you may be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification; contact details; medical record). You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information when registering for the Services.
You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (i) these terms and (ii) any applicable law or regulation.
You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that UAP Old Mutual has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under these terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which the Group may suffer) of any such breach.
- The group makes every reasonable effort to ensure that all information on this website is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, but it makes no representations or warranties whatsoever about such information or the website generally.
- Neither UAP Old Mutual nor any of its service providers shall be liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on this website.
- No warranty or representation is given as to the freedom of this website from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious programs.
- Nothing on this website constitutes an invitation, inducement or offer to engage in investment activity, or to subscribe for or purchase shares or other securities.
- Users should take appropriate professional advice prior to making any investment decision.
Online services and surveys
- From time to time, our site may request information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is voluntary. The user therefore has a choice - whether or not to disclose this information.
- Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as gender, age, level of education).
- Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
Information collection and use
- UAP Old Mutual is the sole owner of any information collected on this site.
- We will not sell, share or rent out this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
- Some pages of this website may require UAP Old Mutual to collect information from users.
- We may transfer the information collected to any relevant entity/subsidiary within the group, anywhere in the world.
- We may share your information with:
- Affiliates—the Old Mutual family of companies.
- Business partners—trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
- Service providers—companies that provide services for or on behalf of UAP Old Mutual.
- Law enforcement—when we are required to do so or to protect UAP Old Mutual and its users.
- The laws of Kenya will govern this website and the use of this website and the Kenyan courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to it.
- To the extent that any, or any part, of these conditions is found to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such conditions (or parts thereof) shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall remain in full force and effect as permitted by law.
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights exist in all the contents of this website.
- All these rights are owned by or licensed to the group or the party credited as the owner or licensee.
- Users may download or print website contents owned by UAP Old Mutual only for their own personal non-commercial use.
- Users may not reproduce (in whole or in part), modify or transmit for use for any commercial purpose any information from this website without contacting UAP Old Mutual or any relevant third party and obtaining their prior written consent.
- Other websites are not permitted to link to or frame this website without UAP Old Mutual's prior written consent.
- Treat all personal information submitted via this website ('information') as confidential
- Treat your information in accordance with applicable law and best practice, for example by not keeping it longer than is necessary
- Only collect information such as your name, contact details, employer and place of residence, and only with your consent
- Use information only for the purpose of sending you press releases, answering queries or providing you with information or services you have requested
- Take appropriate technical and other security measures to safeguard your information
- Transfer information to other UAP Old Mutual Group subsidiaries and contracted service providers, some of which are outside Kenya
- Track the number of visitors to the site and their country of origin
- Occasionally record telephone calls for quality and training purposes
We do not:
- Sell or disclose information to third parties outside the UAP Old Mutual Group, unless you have expressly consented to this or we become legally obliged to do so
- Automatically collect personal information
You are entitled to:
- Browse this site without disclosing any personal information
- Instruct us to remove any of your information which we may have included on a mailing list for marketing purposes with your consent
- Request details of your information held by us and to demand its correction or deletion where appropriate
Cookies are small files placed on your computer by websites and emails. They allow useful pieces of information to be provided to website owners which enable you to use websites more efficiently and to save time (for example, by not having to input your details each time you visit the site).
www.uapoldmutual.com uses Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics enables us to recognise repeat visitors to the site and to analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google. Google uses this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
We may use advertising cookies to help us deliver more relevant, targeted online advertising. This means that based on the pages you visit on our site, you may see our advertisements on selected other websites. The information collected is anonymous and does not contain any personal data.
Third party services
- We may partner with another party to provide these or other specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
- These parties are not allowed to use any personal information collected, except for the purpose of providing these services.
- We do not share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers.
- This site may contain links to other sites. Please take note that UAP Old Mutual is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware of the same when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.